The people have spoken. (That’s you, people!)
One of the persistent suggestions for Nature Blog Network 2.0 was concentrating on content and promoting members’ blogs. “Make it easy to find new blogs,” many of you said.
Great idea. There were several suggestions on how to do this, requiring varying levels of work:
- Create a Nature Blog Network 2.0 that works like an online magazine. Pick the best writer for each category and make them a columnist. Then, regularly feature other bloggers mixed in to expose the public to new writers.
- A digest of member blogs’ posts
- An index of post topics so that members could cross reference them if they are writing about similar topics (i.e. a blogger writing about a Western Sandpiper might link to another NBN blogger who wrote an identification piece on that bird)
- A once a day photo feed, no words, just a photo with a link to the blog it’s featured on.
- A page which automatically lists the latest post from each NBN member
- Sponsor writing or photo themes
- Run book reviews and solicit links the week before for any member reviews of the same book
- An NBN member meme – like skywatch or bird photography weekly, but with posts only from members
- An NBN blog carnival
So, what do you think? Which of these would you like to see? And more importantly, which would you like to do?
The blog comments are open …